UA-83922364-1

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

More Sweets

Hi everyone! I've never intended this to be a cooking/baking blog, though I enjoy these past times when I'm in the right mood. But I'm a simple cook and baker, the easier and quicker the recipe, the better.

I've decided to talk about these Butterscotch Confetti squares. My sister in law had made some the last couple of Christmases, and I've become addicted. Even though I'm supposed to make an attempt to eat healthier in 2017, I couldn't help but make another batch. I was craving them! After they were ready, I cut them into small squares so at least I wasn't eating a big square. I also froze half and gave a quarter of the tray to a friend. (I've since taken out another quarter. In my defense, the husband and C have also been eating them too.)

My sil had given me the recipe, but then I found one that I had on hand too, and it used less ingredients, so I kind of combined the two. My recipe was from a grocery store flyer (maybe Sobey's?) from over ten years ago, because it also has what has become my go to banana bread recipe, I may share in a future post.

I'm not usually one for marshmallows, but mixed in with the peanut butter sauce, it is so.good.



Butterscotch Confetti Squares
*adapted from an old grocery flyer recipe

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 package butterscotch chips
1 250 g package mini marshmallows

1. Line 9x9 pan with wax paper.
2. Combine butter and peanut butter in saucepan over low heat. Add vanilla.
3. Stir in butterscotch chips and marshmallows. 
4. Stir well and pack into pan. 
5. Refrigerate for an hour and cut into squares.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment