UA-83922364-1

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Right Stuff

Hi everyone! Is it Christmas yet? I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday, but alas, it is only Tuesday. It's going to be bam bam Christmas, since school doesn't end until Friday and then it's suddenly Christmas Eve!

I'm just currently watching Fuller House...was Joey always this annoying? Haha. I finally finished Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life the other day. I had heard previously that the ending was questionable, and it certainly was. It was unsatisfying! Does this mean there may be a more Gilmore Girls in the future??

So, is everyone ready for Christmas? Are everyone's stockings hung by the fire with care? Anyone sick of Christmas carols yet? We haven't been listening too much, just in the car and here and there at home. It's funny to listen to the kids singing the more contemporary ones like Wham's 'Last Christmas' and Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas.' OMG, speaking of pop singers, NKOTB is on this next episode of Fuller House! Hahaha, totally throwback. Wow, they look old! "You've got the right stuff, baby..."




How is everyone's Christmas baking going? We've baked Smarties cookies for A's preschool concert earlier in the month, flaky biscuits for the gingerbread house party, and just on Sunday, we made some ginger snaps for A's preschool teachers. In the freezer I've got some more ginger snap dough to have on hand, and a cooked pumpkin bread, two of my go to baking recipes, both from Company's Coming. I tried to find a link but couldn't find one, I'll try again or will type it out later.


I also made some Christmas mix yesterday for the first time, but had a big fail with melting chocolate. I must have gotten water in the chocolate, because it didn't melt properly. But thanks to the glorious internet, I managed to salvage it by adding some coconut oil to it.

I need to bake some more tomorrow. Maybe banana chocolate chip cookies.

Happy Tuesday!









No comments:

Post a Comment