UA-83922364-1

Monday, October 3, 2016

TV Shows

Ahh Netflix. The best way to binge watch. I must be old, as I didn't realize that 'chill and Neftflix' or whatever the expression is means what it means. That's my typical weekend night with the husband, we lounge on the couch and watch Netflix!

What have I binge watched lately? Well, I certainly have a lot saved on my favorites list. Some that I still need to watch are Downton Abbey, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, and those are just off the top of my head. The problem now is with limited view time, I need to be in the mood, and often, it needs to be something that requires a lot of brain cells.

I was never a big Grey's Anatomy fan, not one who followed the show religiously. I've caught episodes here and there and enjoyed them, but never got into it. With Shonda Rhimes' more current shows however, I have totally binge watched them. Scandal was on my watch list, and a friend mentioned she binge watched and was really good. To prevent binge watching so I could continue with my life, I decided to watch How To Get Away With Murder first, since it only had one season at the time, as opposed to the five of scandal. So yeah, totally binge watched HTGAWM (ugh, even the acronym is long). And have since watched the season two that was released, and have set the PVR to tape season three coming up! In between season one and season two, I watched Scandal all summer long. All five seasons. So good. Sad that I have to wait until mid season to catch the next season on tv.

*In sotto voice*...but one of my guilty pleasures is teenage drama. It started when I was actually a young teenager (original Degrassi! Saved by the Bell, original Beverly Hills 90210) and then the OC. By the time Gossip Girl came out, I was a full fledged adult, and fed my babies in the wee hours of the morning while watching GG. (XOXO!) I also love teen movies, so I can relive my youth still vicariously, and also the requirement of less brain cells to watch thing.

I have my standards, I don't watch all teen dramas, and have dropped some in the past. I think the only one I'm really interested in right now is Pretty Little Liars. The newest season came out on Netflix a little while ago, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm taking a breather since I just finished HTGAWM season two. Oh wait, I lied, I'm waiting for a new season of  Shadowhunters.

And waiting for the next season of Fuller House. But that doesn't count as teeny bopper drama right? It's a family show, and the adults are my age.

Now it sounds like I'm a tv junkie. I'm actually a reader, and if I had to choose, it would be books all the way. But it's easier for my tired little mind to watch tv sometimes. I have been reading again lately, so maybe I'll do a post on that.

Okay, I've rambled on enough about television. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment