UA-83922364-1

Monday, September 19, 2016

The Meaning Behind the Name

Hello! You may have been wondering what the heck does polka dot chatter mean?

I was trying to come up with a unique name. I like polka dots. C likes polka dots. And little A, well, she's obsessed with polka dots. Here's a story: most kids have stuffed animals or blankies as a lovey. C has a battered cow named Butterscotch (who I should have thrown in the laundry this morning...)

Anyways, I can't remember how old A was, probably between a year and a year and a half, but I was taking out hand me downs for her, which included three polka dot long sleeve shirts that C had worn. Well, A was enamoured with them, and they became her loveys. She needed one to sleep, and would sit there and sniff the heck out of it. I wanted her to have a lovey, but was not expecting it to be an old shirt. When she was a baby, she liked to sniff the sleeve of her onesies, it seemed to soothe her. I tried to give her little face cloths (mo gun as we call it in Cantonese), which she would smell, but didn't attach to them. Still not sure why the dot dot shirts, but she did have a onesie that was polka dot, so maybe that is why. The good thing is she likes all her dot dot shirts, so I can at least rotate them and wash them. I even got an extra one from a friend!

And chatter. This is a place for me to chatter! I'm not as big a chatterer in person, but my kids and husband certainly are.



(Here's one of the dot dots. Can't seem to find a good picture of Butterscotch the cow.)


So there you have it, just in case you were interested :)


No comments:

Post a Comment