UA-83922364-1

Saturday, September 24, 2016

New Mommy Friends

You know what didn't occur to me once my kids started school? That I would become friends with some of the mommies. I didn't set out to make mom friends, I thought I had enough friends. But what a pleasant surprise that some of the moms of my girls' classmates are so nice. And even nicer that I actually clicked with a few, and now I consider them pretty good friends, sometimes we even see each other without kids.

It's funny, I think that pretty much all the moms that I've become friends with are already connected to people that I know. Like when C was in preschool, we ran into one of her classmates at one of my cousin's parties. And after I've befriended a mom, we can dig around a find out that our siblings went to school together, or we have many mutual acquaintances. It is a small world after all.

Most of the play dates that we've had include me and the mom hanging out while the girls play. So most play dates are initiated, or continued, because I like the mom, haha. It was a good summer. I've told C that she's lucky (or maybe it's me that's lucky) most of her friends have moms that are either working part time or only during the school year, so we were able to have a lot of play dates.

I'm not a social butterfly by any means. If anything, I'm probably an introvert. But it's been nice meeting parents, having people to chat with in the hall at drop off/pick up, and hanging out with parents during field trips (umm, when I don't need to watch the kids, right?) It's been nice to have a good network of people.

Since A is in full day preschool this year (works out to be be about 6 hours, plus before care and after care if I require), let's see if I meet any parents of her classmates, and start building that network for her year.

Have a good weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment