UA-83922364-1

Friday, September 16, 2016

At the Theatre Last Night

Hello! We went to the theatre last night dahlings! My husband and I had a quick dinner of pho, and went out on a much deserved date night. On a Thursday, I know, I was pooped by the end of the night. I don't like to do much on weekday nights, much less stay out late.

We went to see Book of Mormon. It was so funny. So laugh out loud funny. We really enjoyed it. It had rolled into Edmonton previously about eighteen months ago, but I didn't know what it was about and never looked into it. Normally I love musicals, but a musical about religion? Pass. But my brother and his wife had went to the Calgary show and said it was so funny. We have the same type of humour, so I figured I'd catch it the next time.

Well, we didn't have to wait long. The musical won a bunch of Tony awards, and is from the creators of South Park, as well as someone from Avenue Q (we saw that one in NYC years ago, I highly recommend). S and I went in fresh, not knowing much about what was to take place in the musical. Prior to entering the theatre, we went to check out the merchandise. I should have taken pictures. There were weird sayings on shirts, which the salesperson said will make sense after the first act takes place, which they totally did. I also noticed a stuffed frog there, which all makes sense right at the end of the play.

I highly recommend! In a small nutshell, it starts with the Mormon Elders ringing doorbells to talk about their book. Then we meet a group of young men ready to go on their two year mission abroad and we find out who gets paired up with whom, the starring pair being an unlikely pair who gets sent to Africa, where we watch their mission unfold with the villagers.



On another note, little A has been so clingy this week, suffering from separation anxiety. She cried in the middle of the day on Monday. On Tuesday she cried when I dropped her off. Yesterday she cried at home, waking up at 5:30 to say she didn't want to go to school. I asked her why. Does she like her teachers? Yes. Does she like her friends there? Yes. Does she like the activities at school? Yes. Then what's the problem? She misses me and doesn't want to leave me. Anyways, the teachers are good (our fifth consecutive year there between the two girls) and took her away gently and with care. Then last night, my husband and I were getting ready to leave and she clung to my leg, saying don't go. I had to basically shake her off. My parents, who the girls love and see all the time, had come over to watch them while we were out. My mom said A did cry for a bit after, and I think she only stopped after they offered to show her a show on their tablet.

So yeah, I'm not sure what A's problem is. This is her second year of preschool, albeit this year is a longer day. Maybe this is a sign I should get out more and leave the kids more, ha. This morning she cried a little bit but was okay after she went into the classroom.

Anyways, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend! Hope you have great weather wherever you are, it's supposed to be a gorgeous fall weekend in Edmonton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment