UA-83922364-1

Friday, August 19, 2016

It's the last dog days of summer! I can't believe that school starts in two weeks. It starts super early this year on September 1. C is heading into grade 2, and A will be attending her second year of preschool. Her orientation day is also on September first, and then her official first day of school is after Labour Day.

We've been pretty busy, trying to cram in play dates and appointments for the latter part of August. C went to the optometrist on Tuesday and her fate has officially been sealed: she needs glasses. With her genetics alone, plus love of reading and watching tv, we knew it was only a matter of time before she'd need glasses. Plus she'd told the teacher that she wanted to stay sitting in the front row because she was having trouble seeing when sitting further away. I needed glasses in grade 1, so at least she's ahead of me. We took her to Costco and got her a cute pair, and they just left a message today to say that they're ready.

We had a play date with one of my besties on Tuesday. My friend also has two girls who are 9 and 10, and my girls love them. We tye-dyed shirts last year, and decided to do it again this year. The girls all did a great job last year, their shirts were way nicer than ours. My friend offered to do the fun task of rinsing and washing, so here's one pic of some of the shirts, the batch that my girls made.



We also hosted a sushi night this past Saturday at our house. Our eight closest friends came over with their kids, and a sushi chef came over and made our dinner in the comfort of our own home. We fed the kids pasta and hot dogs, and they did get scraps, a sushi cone and ice cream from the chef at the end of the night. The kids liked watching chef in action, and one of the older girls was so cute, she sat at the island all night to observe the sushi chef. It was so delicious, and we were so full by the end of the night. A great experience with good food, good company, and a chance to have some good drinks, haha. Mmm, I want sushi again now.



A couple weeks back we went to Prairie Gardens up in Bon Accord for a family trip and my girls had a good time. It was pretty quiet, which I always appreciate since I don't like crowds. The girls had their first experience in a little corn maze, got their face painted, and their favorite part (mine too!) was mining gems. Basically we bought a bucket that contained sand and gems, and we had to wash and sift through the sand with water to reveal gems, like gold panning. I wish I got to take a picture, but hands were too busy and dirty.



Happy Friday! Let's see what this weekend will bring us. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment